“Style is the only thing you can’t buy. It’s not in a shopping bag, a label, or a price tag. It’s something reflected from our soul to the outside world—an emotion.” ~ Alber Elbaz
Fashion has always been an important part of my life. I love using fashion as a way to be creative and express myself. Coordinating outfits head-to-toe, shopping and stylizing is my domain! I don’t know about you, but when I’m wearing the right outfit I am able to conquer the day with confidence.
My absolute favorite accessory, what I find to be most important, what can make or break an outfit is of course, shoes. Growing up my love for shoes grew with my feet and now I have more than I can count, or should I say, more than I’d like to. But you know the saying “Anything is possible with confidence and cute shoes”!
Support Stores That Support All Women
It is important to support stores that support all types of women. There are many brands that are specifically targeted towards a certain body type or demographic of women. It is vital that we don’t stick to name brands. We have to give business to companies that are inclusive to all, especially when others are trying to exclude.
Websites & Reviews
How to Organize Your Closet & Accessories
We have all had a dream of what our perfect walk-in closet looks like. Although not very realistic, we can still make it look aesthetic with some simple tips and tricks that will turn your closet from blah to voilà!
- Remove everything from your closet.
- Organize your clothing by category.
- Draw out a design of how you want your closet to look.
- Arrange clothing by category.
- Color coordinate.
- Short sleeves > long sleeves > blazers.
- Shorts > skirts > jeans > pants.
- Dresses > jumpsuits.
- Place most-used clothing at eye-level.
- Use coordinating hangers.
- Turn hangers backwards to mark how often you wear your clothing.
- Stack thick items.
- Roll item that won’t wrinkle.
- Use drawer dividers.
- Organize drawers in the order you put on clothing.
- Sick of staining every shirt from deodorant?
- Gently rub protective foam used on hangers against the fabric.
- Oil stain on a handbag?
- Coat the mark with baby powder and let it stand overnight. Repeat the process until the stain is entirely gone.
- Need to de-fuzz?
- Use a pumice stone.
- Not ready to get rid of those beautiful flowers?
- A dash of vodka into vase water will help extend the life of your flowers.
- Dirty suede?
- Get a piece of bread and remove the crust from it and allow it to become stale.
- Gently rub the dirt stains with the edge of the stale bread.
- To de-scuff suede: use an eraser or nail file.
- Lipstick stains are a pain!
- Use hairspray!
- Liquid on a solid?
- Apply shaving cream and a washcloth to your shirt collar.
- Stiff shoes?
- Slip into those snug shoes with socks as well as apply a hot hairdryer to your feet.
- Need leather that looks better?
- Add a couple drops of vinegar to a bowl of chilled water.
- Scrub the stains with a soft bristle brush until stains are no longer in-sight.
- Let dry overnight.
- Dull leather?